Sunday, August 9, 2009

A couple of Hall of Fame remarks

(That is, comments about Hall of Fame Weekend. I'm not claiming that my thoughts are worthy of any busts, bronze or otherwise.)

If I ever get enshrined in anything like the Pro Football Hall of Fame, I want Ted Cottrell introducing me. His tribute to Bruce Smith was the perfect combination of roast and tribute and would have been the most memorable speech of the night if Bruce hadn't confessed to hiding Thurman Thomas' helmet.

And if I were in Vince Young's shoes, I would not want my first throw in the Hall of Fame game -- the only throw of his, frankly, that many people saw before switching the channel -- to be a lollipop of an interception. If you're wondering, I'm not going to put Vince Young in any polls asking who I should start. If you're thinking that this team should start Vince Young, may I suggest another hobby? Say, building ships in bottles?

1 comment:

  1. Well this sounds like an altruistic endeavor, let's just hope the resulting team doesn't look anything like a giraffe.

    Robinsbooks

    ReplyDelete