Monday, August 17, 2009

For the players, it's preseason...

...But for those of us with the fantasy bug, it will soon be time to draft. Most of us won't have the chance to wait for every last preseason game to be played. At this time of year, you're assembling your draft list and praying to the Supreme Being of your choice that your top receiver doesn't get shredded like mozzarella on a misguided crossing pattern.

And if your running an experiment in fantasy football democracy, you're thinking not only about where to host your team (hint, hint: this poll is still open), but you're also thinking about your draft list.

I could run separate polls about who should be drafted in which round and in which slot, and then I would have a viable drafting list... just in time for the 2010 NFL season. In the interest of saving time (and my sanity), I'm going to choose from among several lists of rankings. There's ESPN's list, and there's Yahoo's list, and there's this NFL.com list. If you know of another viable list (i.e. one that won't have me drafting Brett Favre in the first round), leave me a comment. If you think none of these lists work, let me know that, too.

[polldaddy poll=1886013]

2 comments:

  1. I dunno, but I've been beat by some fantasy teams who took a quarterback in the first round, even though the experts say running backs first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] the meantime, you can still vote in this poll to select the player rankings that will be used for this draft. You can also leave a comment about [...]

    ReplyDelete