Saturday, October 10, 2009

Columbus Weekend Reading

The polls on what to do with our lineup and how you set up yours will close later tonight, but while you ponder how you will vote, I thought I'd offer you some links to visit.

Why Fooball Is Better Than Baseball. What does baseball say when the temperature drops below 30 degrees? No way, Jose Molina. What does football say when the temperature does that? Oh, yeah! Bring it on!

I Want My Vick TV. I'm not sure whether this should be called ridiculous or inevitable (or maybe both). Michael Vick (remember him?) will star in an eight-part documentary that will air on BET. Of course, the first thought that came into my mind was when the other Eagles backup QB was getting his show?

Don't Rush to Judgment. (Yes, I chose the cheap pun. Sue me.) Players like Bart Scott and Matthias Kiwanuka heard that someone's actually interested in the Rams and responded by saying they wouldn't play for Rush Limbaugh. Of course, before they say that, they should check out the histories of some of the people who have owned NFL teams in the past. George Marshall, for instance. Heck, at this point, I'd bet the Oakland Raiders would be glad to have an owner with a pulse.

Recommended Links. Sclike offers an insightful (and humorous) view on how Christians should feel about "Playing Fantasy Football for Money."

Also, a newcomer to the fantasy football game, Queen of the Savages, tells us how she got into the game. (Warning: The language here isn't safe for children, unless you want to have a certain conversation with said children.)

Again, vote on the polls. We'll be back with the results and a new poll on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment