Friday, October 2, 2009

Fearless Predictions: Week 4

While you contemplate what to do with our lineup and our time poll, here are some predictions for the Landshark Maniacs matchups.

(Last week's predictions went 3-2, raising the season record to 9-6.)

Peoples Pigskin vs. Southern Rebels. You, the Internet, should consider yourselves fortunate that this matchp occurs this week. The Rebels will be missing Frank Gore (injury), along with both Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin (bye week). This one will be close, but the Pigskin will prevail.

Hawaiian Surfriders vs. D.C. Destroyers. This week's beneficiary of a teammate's injury: Tashard Choice. With Felix Jones out (and Marion Barber the biggest Dallas question mark since Who Shot J.R.), I'm disagreeing with the ESPN "experts" and predicting a Destroyers win.

T-Bay Jacks 151rum Stumblrs vs. Northeast Dragons. Aaron Rodgers will do enough to make this interesting Monday night, but Peyton Manning (not Drew Brees) is currently the top-scoring quarterback in fantasy football, and I see no reason for that to change this week as the Indianapolis Colts take on the stumbling Seattle Seahawks. Chalk one up for the Stumblrs.

Big Lough O vs. Tinks Revenge. Once again, the last two opponents of the People's Pigskin face one another. As I write this, the Lough Os have Matt Ryan (bye week) as the starter, and the Revenge have yet to pick a kicker, but I'm trusting that those things will change by gametime. What won't change is my opinion that Maurice Jones-Drew proves too much for the Revenge and carries the Lough Os to a win on his back.

Houston Wreckin' Crew vs. Ravens Fan T-Sizzle. Again, an incomplete lineup as I write this: The Crew have to pick a running back. The difference here is the Moss brothers: Randy and Santana. (Yes, I realize they're not actually brothers; work with me here.) Both of them woke up last week, and I think both of them get enough looks to get the Crew to the winner's circle.

I leave you with this thought from the amazingly talented Bill Simmons:

"FYI: I continue to hate fantasy football and wonder why I participate in something that gives me a 90 percent chance of being angry and feeling bad about myself. This is fun? It's fun to watch your first-round pick standing sullenly on the sidelines every week as his backup whom you forgot to pick as a handcuff is putting up points? That's fun? REALLY? THAT'S FUN? I'M HAVING FUN?"

Here's hoping your fantasy football experience is slightly better. And don't forget to vote.

2 comments: