Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not-So-Good Charlotte

Saturday night's NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Charlotte can be described for the People's Pitstop in one word: ugly.

The Internet's favorite fantasy NASCAR team scored only 114 points on Saturday night. The season total is 8,180, good enought for 74,900th overall on Yahoo Sports and dropping us 37 spots, to 99th, in the Fans of From the Marbles league.

We could give you extensive links to detail our team's Charlotte woes. Instead, we'll steer you to NASCAR.com's Lap-by-Lap summary of the race. It has all the information we need to give you on all our drivers.

Jeff Gordon: Started 1st, finished 23rd (1 lap behind the leaders), 7 laps led and 66 fantasy points. From the Lap-by-Lap report: "Lap 296 -- Jeff Gordon serves a penalty for entering too fast on pit road."

Ryan Newman: Started 11th, finished 36th (62 laps behind the leaders) and 20 fantasy points. "Lap 2 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 1: Ryan Newman gets loose in Turn 3 and finds the wall." That's right ... on the SECOND FREAKIN LAP!!!!

Kasey Kahne: Started 25th, finished 38th (120 laps behind the leaders) and 16 fantasy points. "Lap 123 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 5: Kasey Kahne gets loose and hits the wall..."

Sam Hornish Jr.: Started 19th, finished 40th (212 laps behind the leaders) and 12 fantasy points. "...Sam Hornish Jr. was at the wrong place at the wrong time and has sustained plenty of damage to the No. 77." One accident essentially took two of our drivers out of contention.

Newman is done for the season, but the People's Pitstop is not. A new set of NASCAR polls will go up shortly. Also, the football polls will close soon, so please get your last votes in. We'll be back with the results.

5 comments:

  1. [...] this link: Not-So-Good Charlotte « The People's Pigskin Tags : Best news var AdBrite_Title_Color = '0000FF'; var AdBrite_Text_Color = '000000'; var [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think your blog is epic. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] The People’s Pitstop scored only 226 points, one of the worst totals of the season (until last week, anyway). Our best performer was Jimmie Johnson, who finished [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda of puzzled, whether the author of this article a real person or a robot.
    DId anyone see Inception. It blew my mind right off… I think I'm still missing a few screws. What a great movie.
    I write like mad, every day, and no one visits my blog, that looks similar to yours. What could I be doing wrong?
    I just saw my comments being removed from some sites. I mean no harm, I'm just… sporadic.

    "What I think of Western civilisation? I think it would be a wonderful idea." Mahatma Gandhi

    ReplyDelete