Monday, September 7, 2009

Fearless predictions: Week 1

Every week during the season, I plan to offer some predictions about the match-ups in the Landshark Maniacs league. Take them with as many grains of salt as you wish, and please, no wagering.

Peoples Pigskin vs. Ravens Fan T Sizzle. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a victory here. Forte and Warner should have a good day, and so should Rivers, but I can't say I expect the same for Willie Parker.

Hawaiian MaiTai Guzzlers vs. T-Bay Jacks 151rum Stumblrs. The battle of the mixed drinks. If ever there was a week where Peyton Manning was going to set the field on fire, this would be it. I'm taking the stumblers. (And if you're offering, I'll take a 151 and coke.)

D.C. Destroyers vs. Houston Wreckin' Crew. Jay Cutler is the real wild card here. I think he provides just enough offense to complement Michael Turner and give the Crew a victory. Long term, though, you've gotta hope the Broncos either get Brandon Marshall on the field or give Cutler someone else who can go deep.

Big Lough O vs. Northeast Dragons. Some people have been less than enthusiastic about Tom Brady's return to the field. I'm not one of them. I don't care if the Patriots dig up Red Grange's corpse and line it up at running back. (Talk about your galloping ghosts.) I see a big Monday night performance and a win for the Lough O's.

Southern Rebels vs. Tinks Revenge. That "Q" next to Matt Cassel's name has to make you nervous. So does the fact that his team gets to start off against the Ravens defense. Combine that with Drew Brees' match-up against the Lions (making New Orleans a popular pick in suicide pools), I have to take Tink's side here.

Think I'm wrong? Feel free to comment. The snack poll is still open if you're hungry. Coming Tuesday, the first poll on the Peoples Pigskin lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment