Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Say my name

One of the things that always impresses me about fantasy football is the creativity people use when naming their teams. I'm not going to guess how many teams are named BadNewz Kennels or Child Please or <Insert Team Name Here> Sucks, but they are vastly outnumbered by the people who put some actual thought into their names.

And fortunately, we have 10 creative names in the Landshark Maniacs league. (Yes, I'm giving myself credit for creativity in using People's Pigskin. Sue me.) Here are the other teams and their lineups:

Northeast Dragons.

D.C. Destroyers.

t-bay jacks 151rum stumblrs. (Can't wait to hear the story behind this one.)

Houston Wreckin' Crew.

Southern Rebels.

Tinks Revenge. (Haven't learned who Tink is or why vengeance is required)

Big Lough O.

Hawaiian MaiTai Guzzlers. (My personal favorite of the league names)

Ravens Fan T Sizzle, who, by the way, is the People's Pigskin opponent in week one.

Anybody have favorite names? Feel free to share it, and don't forget to vote in the poll below.

1 comment:

  1. [...] Surfriders, of course, are the team formerly known as the Hawaiian MaiTai Guzzlers, famously chosen here in this blog as “my personal favorite among the league names.” I don’t know if [...]

    ReplyDelete