Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quick Thursday links

First of all, say what you will about my focus on fantasy football, but at least I never asked anyone to pay money to watch a musical based on it. Can't wait for that hit love song, "You Make Me Feel Like My Defense Got Me 35 Points."

And while I'm here calling attention to things done by other people, I should pitch a book I just read: "Rose Bowl Dreams" by Adam Jones. The author has a not-quite-healthy relationship with the University of Texas football team, and this book takes us through that relationship from the time he saw Earl Campbell shred defenses as a kid to the Longhorns' 2005 national championship run on the back of Vince Young. Along the way, he also discusses how his relationship with the Horns influences his relationship with God, and vice versa.

If you want a sample of Adam's writing style without committing money to it, you can read Jones Top Ten, his weekly take on the goings-on in college football.

We'll be coming to you next from Atlantic City, but until then, you can find the lineup poll here and a TV poll here.

No comments:

Post a Comment